Monday, June 11, 2007

Nigerian Scam Emails Just Keep Coming

This scam is older than the Internet, I think it started when the first FAX machine was installed in Nigeria. I used to feel sorry for people who fell for this.

Got this message (how many millions have we all spent on SPAM filters and these still come through) on IP today:

Hello My Good friend, But you don't know my name do you?

How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family?, Good, thanks for asking. You may not understand why this mail came to you. Oh, I understand, you send this to millions of people because it still works! But if you do not remember me, you might have receive an email from me in the past regarding a multi-million-dollar business proposal which we never concluded. US Law Enforcement gets HUNDREDS of complaints per day about the 419 scam ...

I am using this opportunity to inform you that the multi-million-dollar business has been concluded with the assistance of another partner from India who financed the transaction to a logical conclusion. Probably some poor fool who doesn't know he has been scammed.

Presently, I am in London for investment projects with my own share of the total sum. Nigerian fraudsters make so much money, it is the number 1 scam on the US Government's export page. Meanwhile, I didn't forget your past efforts and attempts to assist me in transferring those funds despite that it failed us some how.

Now contact my Personal Assistant in Abuja, Nigeria and ask him to send you the CERTIFIED CASHIER CHEQUE Look at that! British spelling, maybe he really is in London... of US$1.2M which I wrote in your name in appreciation of your past effort in helping me.

Below is his contact informations:

Name: Mr. Allusine Sakoh
Email: allusinesakoh55@hotmail.com

Who would have thought that "Allusine Sakoh" would be such a popular hotmail address. I imagine they stopped using Yahoo after they reached allusinesakoh666.

Tel: +234-803-537-6903 234 is the Nigerian country code, I wonder if they accept collect calls?

Feel free and get in touched with him for the sending of the draft to any address where you would prefer the draft to be mailed. Please do let me know immediately
you receive the CASHIER DRAFT.

Yes, but will you need to pay a

  1. Clearance fee, paid before the check can be sent?
  2. Commission paid to your Nigerian friend for sending the check?
  3. Some new wrinkle?
  4. Over one million hits on Google for "Nigerian scam"
  5. A greedy fool and his money are soon parted ...

At the moment, I am very busy here in London because of the investment projects which I, and the new partner are having at hand but would appreciate your update once the cheque is deliverred Hey! Another typo, doesn't happen much with these guys. to you thru my email:

Finally, accept my goodwill my dear friend.

Thank you once again and may God bless you.

Mr.Aku Ubah.

This county treasurer got 14 years... More information from the Nigerian Consulate in Atlanta, Georgia.

When you see this email, press delete.

No comments: